Eight years professional experience in graphic design, specializing in print and pre-press. Seven years experience with software development, user interface design and database administration. Two years professional experience in illustration, animation and game design.
BFA Design & Technology | 2010
Parsons the New School For Design
New York, NY
AA Graphic Design | 2001
Union County College
Onkaworks, LLC. | 2011 — current
- Handled character design and animation for all characters in “Up U Go!” using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects. In addition, conceptualized and illustrated all background and level assets.
- Conceptualized and developed complex game features and mechanics in Xcode using custom OpenGL frameworks.
- Moderated user-testing and suggested responsive changes to game design and mechanics.
- Wireframed and user tested menu systems for various games, including “Up U Go!”
- Handled rapid prototyping of numerous game concepts using Xcode. Responsible for testing and evaluating concepts and advising company founder.
- Managed contract employees, maintained schedules and prioritized team workloads. Presented periodic reports to company founder.
Arktype Productions | 2009 — current
- In charge of conceptualizing, direction, planning, and execution of large scale theatrical concert events with over 1,000 in attendance.
- Conceptualized, designed and lead production on numerous live theatrical special effects including: a blossoming pumpkin patch live on stage, 3 ten-foot-tall puppets, inflatable figures, large scale balloon drops, and simulated fire effects.
- Hired, coordinated and managed production staff of over 15 employees.
- Responsible for theatrical stage set conception, design and managing production teams.
- Designed lighting cues and acted as lighting director and stage manager during performances.
Web Programming Development Intern
Marvel Entertainment | Spring 2010
Worked with web programming department in conceptualizing, visualizing and prototyping an online visualization of Marvel character crossover appearances using ActionScript 3 and Adobe Flex.
Software Developer/Art Director
Samar Distributors, Inc.| 2002—2008
- Developed three separate intelligent page layout engines that ran from Microsoft Access to generate press-ready pages in Adobe InDesign. Reduced design workload by 98%.
- Designed, developed, and tested innovative content management software with a shallow learning curve in Microsoft Access, reducing editorial workload by 80%.
- Designed automated photography workflow, combining intuitive photograph enhancement in Adobe Photoshop with automated asset filing and integrated media tracking in Microsoft Access reducing photography department workload by 40%.
- Designed and administered large-scale inventory database in Microsoft Access, including normalization and schema creation.
- Designed workflow and managed team to photograph, process, and prepare 15,000 items for publication.
- Provided art direction for all publications, including quarterly and monthly catalogs.
LPB Graphics, Inc. | 2001—2002
LPB Graphics, Inc. | 2001—2002
Created numerous logos and brand identities for small business clients. Responsible for creating and proofing color separations and printing plates in a press environment.
Art directed, designed and produced numerous projects including hardcover book design, album packaging, and wedding packages. Specific duties include retouching photos, custom typography, page layout, book composition and specialized pre-press. Clients include Margaret Cho, Franz Nicolay, Brendan Benson, the World/Inferno Friendship Society.
Adobe After Effects
HTML / CSS
Objective-C / Cocoa Frameworks
Visual Basic / VBA
ActionScript 3 / Flex